In 1606 the Iranian Shah Abbas I has attacked Ganja and invaded it. After difficult fights the angry Shah burnt out the city and the destroyed the city. At 8 km to the southwest on the left side of the Ganja river he gave an order on the construction of a new city. The new city was under construction under the project of the architect Sheikh Baahaddin Mahammad Amilin. In spite of the name and for the Shah on renaming the city on Abbasabad the population of Ganja did not accept this name and for short time Ganja again carried the name. Again constructed under the project of the architect sheikh Baahaddin and reached our times, nowadays as the first town constructed monuments are considered ?Juma mosque?, ?Karvansaray?, ?Chokak? a bath guarded and kept today as a memory from those times.
Juma (Shah Abbas) mosque. XVII century. The mosque was under construction in 1606 under the project of Sheikh Baahaddin Mahammad Amilin mosque. At the present moment the mosque serves to Ganja people and in 2006 it will markets, 400th anniversary. It is in the city center and it is considered as one of the main components.
Bath ?Chokak?. XVII century. Was under the construction of the project of Sheikh Bahaddin. Located in the east western direction from Juma mosque on the distance of 50 m.
Carvansarai ?Shah Abbas?. XVII century. The 2-nd floor of Carvansarai burnt on the part Armenians, was restored again. It was constructed under the project of Sheikh Baahaddin. At present it is in use of the Ganja State Humanitarian college located in the street of A.Guseynzade 61.
Mosque ?Zerrabi?.XVII century. It was the mosque of the inhabited quarter of handicraftsmen making jewels. At present it is in use of the theatre of poetry Nizami. It is in the street of Zerrabi.
Pair towers (Gosha minarets). Constructed in 1796. The rooms taking place under the towers were added in 1853. At present it is in use of mosque ?Juma?.
The Albanian Church. XVII century. At present it is in use of Mekhseti turks. It is in the Ganja street, 9th lane.
Mosque ?Ozan?. It is constructed
in 1786 year. The mosque of the inhabited quarter of national masters of Ozan. In 1920 at the moment of conquering Ganja by bolsheviks because of the battles in the city, escaped and hidden in the mosque 500 people of old men, women and
children were burnt alive by the Armenian separatists. This mosque is a historical witness of the Armenian genocide against Azerbaijan. Ashes of the burnt people was buried inside the mosque. It is located in the street Ozan.
The Albanian church. XVIII century. Because of the use of the church in 1863 by Armenians, in a room of the central entrance and on the roof bell towers were established. At present it is in use of the Ganja State Philharmonic chamber orchestra. It is in the street of M. A. Abbaszade.